20040906

Talking to Myself

Haven't updated for a week. Probably because no one's reading, which, in turn, is probably because I've told no one I'm here.
Either way, I'll be letting people know about this site shortly, so thought I'd put up a bit of background info about this trip I'm preparing for. But I think that will be another post. Some family and friends may be sufficiently confused that they'll read the archives.
This weekend was insanely busy.
I finished my Visa application on Friday night and FedExed it on Saturday morning. Sent it to a company that handles visa applications with the PRC Consulate. I bit disconcerting to be sending my passport in the mail. It should be there tomorrow, so I can call them up and find out what info is missing.
Went immediately from Kinkos to my friends Hilary and John's wedding. It was a beautiful ceremony at a beautiful park outside of Springfield. I had no idea said park existed, but it was a perfect choice for a wedding locale. I took a bunch of pictures, and may post one or two here with H&J's permission.
Sunday was the family fantasy football draft. I like my team. My housemates gave me shit for being on the phone talking about football (and computers) to parents, brother, 2 uncles & 3 cousins for about 24 consecutive hours Saturday night until post draft on Sunday. It was fun, and should add another level of cohisiveness to our already strong family bonds.
Spent all day today finishing the Dublin Core Metadata Initiative (DCMI) Bibliography. This is the main reason I get to go to China, which makes working for 10 hours on Labor Day worthwhile. Nonetheless, verifying a couple hundred links is no way to spend an afternoon.
All told, things are coming together. As I said, full explanation of impending travel will come shortly. Until then, I'm the only one here, so I'm really just talking to myself anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home