20040928

Pre-Trip Silence

So, I haven't posted in about 2 weeks. That's probably because I leave for China the day after tomorrow. I'm going to be visiting Shanghai, Beijing and Xi-an. Three free days in each, plus an extra 5 days in Shanghai for DC2004.

To give you an idea of the kind of things I've been doing to get ready to go:

  • Plane tickets and hotels
  • Chinese Business Visa
  • Electrical Outlet Adapters
  • Assembling first aid kit
  • Registering Trip with US State Dept.
  • Getting Renter's Insurance
  • Finding out China Eastern Airlines baggage policies
  • Getting my address book in order
  • Letting Credit Card providers know I'll be using my cards in china
  • Printing Business Cards
  • Buying random supplies (travel belt, compass, flashlight, shoes, other stuff)
  • Getting Traveler's Checks
  • Trying to learn a bit of Mandarin Chinese
  • Making photocopies of important documents
  • Packing, cleaning
In addition to all of this, I've been trying to find a new housemate. Plus, I moved my room to the larger one at the end of the hall. All my random crap is so much more spread out here. It's much less cramped.

Plus, I've still been finding time to watch too much football (if there's such a thing).

Hopefully, this is enought to explain my recent silence.

I should be posting here much more regularly while in China.

I've still got to tell lots of people that this blog exists. I'll do that tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home