20041009

Xi-an's City Walls


me-on-wall
Originally uploaded by Wasting Moments.
and me standing on them.

Yep, another post with a picture of my ugly mug. Can't find anywhere to post pics from yet, but hopefully soon enough. I'm safely back in Shanghai. I'll be here for a week. The conference starts Monday morning, and it's currently Saturday night. I'm at the conference venue, as they have the cheapest internet access in town here.

I'm going to go grab some dinner soon, maybe hit a few bars here in the Ol' French Concession, wander back to the hotel and crash. The Donghu Hotel cetainly isn't the classiest place I've stayed so far, and it's a huge step down from the Bell Tower Hotel in Xi-an, which probably was the classiest place I'd stayed in so far. But the Donghu gave me vouchers for free breakfast each morning & it's less than a ten minute walk from the Shanghai Library, where the conference is. So I won't complain. They do have internet access there, but again: somewhat pricey (by Asia standards). I'm beginning to think about money in terms of Yuan, without thinking about how cheap things are in terms of US$. I'll probably log in there once or twice to post photos if I can't find somewhere else to do so from.

I'm going to do a bit more sightseeing and shopping tomorrow, and try to get some rest before the conference.

The anonymizer I use is down til tomorrow, so I can't read comments at the moment. Hope you're all well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home