20050131

bluecross_carrots


bluecross_carrots
Originally uploaded by Wasting Moments.
My health insurance company, Blue Cross / Blue Shield sent me a package of carrot seeds, in an envelope that said "Happy New Year".

Not sure if you can read the print, but it says: "Our resolution for 2005 -- to sow more seeds for transforming health care." A bit further down, "We look forward to growing with you in 2005."

I must say, their use of metaphore is somewhat endearing. Still, the gesture struck me as incredibly funny.

2 Comments:

At February 1, 2005 at 12:45 PM, Blogger Deepfry said...

yes, the carrots! i got them, too, of course, and stuck 'em on my fridge, to use later, maybe? what if there's something wrong with them? what if they DON'T GROW?!?! what will that say about our ability to rely on blue cross? i'm almost too worried about that to even attempt to grow them (i say, glancing at the dying plant in my desk).

 
At March 15, 2005 at 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is easy to see why health care costs are soaring. How many hundreds of thousands of seed packets did they send? I'd rather have them lower the insurance costs -- even if only a few cents -- than do such a goofy-ass thing. How many people will really plant these seeds? Blue Cross is excellent at mailing out stuff that immediately gets tossed. Unfortunately I didn't find it funny -- I was offended that they used my high-priced premiums that way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home