20050909

Malaga

No Internet access at the hotel here in Malaga, but quite a nice hotel it is. Thought I´d post a quick update from a bar\internet cafe here before grabbing a couple more drinks and wandering back to the hotel.

The coast down here is beautiful. Took a last early morning walk along the beach in Tarifa this morning, where I stuck me feet in the water again before checking out of my hotel and catching the bus to Malaga. Malaga is a really nice city. Very clean, sensibly laid out and somewhat modern. My hotel is somewhat near the old city center, so it´s quite central to everything.

Rolled into town at about 3:30 this afternoon, found the train station and bought my ticket to Madrid for tomorrow, checked into my hotel and immediately went to the beach. In two days time, I´ve been able to swim in both the Atlantic adn the Mediterranean! Surprisingly, the water in the later was much chillier than the Atlantic coast of Tarifa. I figured it would be warmer due to being a smaller body of water. The beach itself is drastically different as well: it´s small stones rather than sand, all interspersed with a fine dust. I may just have to bring a sample of it home with me.

Stayed at the beach ´til nearly sundown: reading, occasionally swiming in the chilly water, soaking up sun, and generally relaxing. These past two afternoons on the beach have really made it seem like a vacation. Tomorrow, I think I´ll hit the beach again early, check out of my hotel and visit the Picasso museum before my 3pm train to Madrid.

Since I don´t have access to the web here or at my hotel in Madrid, I won´t be able to post any more photos until the conference starts on Monday. At that point, you can expect a few more pics: me with snake (yes, I did pay the couple Euro to pose with the snake in Tangier), maybe another meal or two (tonight´s dinner was a fantastic combination platter at a somewhat fancy restaurant), and probably a couple photos from the DC2005 opening session. If you remember from last year, this is the point that the blog gets stuffy and boring and even my mom stopped reading.

2 Comments:

At September 9, 2005 at 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did not!

 
At September 9, 2005 at 2:40 PM, Blogger ken harper said...

Very nice blog you have here, by the way check out my site where I will tell you how to get on the internet from anywhere in the world using just the laces from an old pair of sneakers......just kidding thought I would add some blogspam. Glad you got to the beach and able to do a bit of relaxing again. I'm looking forward to the snake pic. take care and have fun.
Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home