20050907

Tarifa

Arrived this evening. Surprised to find a couple of wireless signals covering a quaint but comfortable room here at the Hotel Alborada, just a few blocks north of the gates of the old city. I've got a tiny little balcony, a double bed, air-conditioning and Internet. The only thing lacking is verticle surfaces to put stuff on.

While it was originally my intention to try my hand at windsurfing here tomorrow, it sounds like way too much effort at this point. My feet are sore, I've been doing too much walking, and most of the places are 5-10 km up the coast.

My new acquaintances from Toronto included me on a mass email that said their Tangier trip was quite fun and very fascinating. I think I may try to book a spot on tomorrow mornings tour over there. That will get me back with plenty of time to lay on the beaches tomorrow afternoon, take a dip in the Mediterranean and check out this festival that's going on here in the evening. May take the time to do a whale-watching tour Friday morning, but probably not. Whale watching is something you can pretty much do anywhere.

Doing the bus thing in (and presumably out) of Tarifa is a bit challenging. You have to go through Algeciras, which is not a particularly savory or pleasant place. To make matters worse, the trip involves two different bus stations that are about a 10 minute walk apart. I wouldn't want to travel this route at night.

I'm going to get into town, scope out the Tangier tour office, maybe wander to the beach while the suns still out then grab some dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home