20050903

Sevilla!

Sevilla is an amazing town! Finally getting around to trying to write about it. The layout is very convoluted and confusing. Now that I´m finally finished getting oriented, it´s almost time to leave.

The bar scene here is pretty incredible. I found a sort of a dive-y, very young and very fun neighborhood near my hotel to hang out in last night. There was one street corner where three bars stood. They were so crowded that the revelry spilled out into the street, cars had to navigate through the drunkeness. There were a couple of places where you could grab una cervasa at one bar and wander over to another with impunity. Fun times. Stayed out too late. Haven´t really sat down to any full blown meals yet. Eating is really just stopping off for tapas, snacking whenever, usually grabbing a beer, then back to siteseeing.

I finally did get my luggage. Funny story. The short of it is: I decided to spend 45 minutes taking a bus to the airport, only to find out that my bag was delivered to my hotel 15 minutes after I left. Good waste of almost 2 hours.

I´m not going to get to see all the sights I planned to here, but this is one of the most fun cities I´ve been to, and I am certainly taking advantage of that aspect of things. I spent the afternoon at the Alcazar, had Gespacho and smoked salmon on toast for early dinner. Gotta get back to my hotel, shower and maybe grab a bit more grub before going to a flamenco show tonight. Probably will be quite touristy and maybe a bit cheesy, but should be fun. Probably do a bunch more bar hopping thereafter. It´s way too easy to be out til 3 or 4 am here. Especially on the weekend.

2 Comments:

At September 3, 2005 at 4:07 PM, Blogger ken harper said...

Glad that you got your luggage, would have been a tough rest of your trip without it. Sorry you had to waste time trying to get it, but at least you have it now. Sounds like Seville is a great place, but, I'm sure your other stops will be interesting also. You don't have to answer the gmail directly, we'll follow the blog, I just dropped that note to let you know we were thinking about you and hoping that you got luggage ok. We went to Grafton Lakes SP to go swimming today, just got back it's about 7:00 our time.
Guess you go to Cordova tomorrow, have fun.
Dad and Mom

 
At September 5, 2005 at 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll bet the flamenco dancers were amazing and lovely and you feel awful about having called them cheesy. Sevilla sounds great! I was wondering why we weren't hearing about meals...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home