20050901

On the Road - Radio Silence Over (for now)

I'm in Madrid. My luggage, however is not. Somehow, it was lost along the way. These seemed to happen to quite a few people. Fortunately, one of the women working at the Continental Airlines baggage claim area spoke impeccable English and was able to help me (and others) out. My bag should come in on the Continental flight tomorrow morning, but probably won't arrive til after I leave Madrid. Hopefully it will get to me in Seville by tomorrow night. My room here is small, with a single twin bed. I may try to find an alternative for some of the time I will be here during the conference. I'm not sure I want to do a whole week in this place, as it doesn't seem to be worth the money.

On the good side, Madrid is a beautiful city. I have access to an open wireless network here in my room, but am not sure if it's the hotel's or not. No pictures yet, but expect them tonight. It's about 1:30 in the afternoon here. I'm going to shower and go explore. Want to get to the Prado, and maybe grab a quick bite to eat. More later...

2 Comments:

At September 1, 2005 at 6:25 AM, Blogger ken harper said...

Nice to see that you made it. Sorry about your luggage. Hope that it catches up to you alright. Also sorry about the room, hope you can find something else.
Followed your flights except the United one, their website was having trouble so couldn't get the info. Continental's was good, even showed a map with a plane in location were the flight was at any given time.
Have fun. Dad

 
At September 1, 2005 at 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Corey - glad you made it to Spain safe and sound. Sorry to hear you had yet another luggage issue. I am visualizing that you get your stuff today before you leave Madrid!! As for your tiny room, I think you may find that that is the norm when you stay in a non-western type hotel. The accommodations are small and.. um, charming. When I went to London years ago, Geraldine and I stayed in these little rooms that were like single dorm rooms with build-ins, very chummy. At least you have a privete bath.. I think!! When Aunt Marg and I went away in 2000, at one place we had to go down the hall to use the privy! Anyway, we are glad to hear from you.. keep the blogging going and enjoy the ambiance where you are. love, mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home