20041018

Another Dilemma

I'd like to set the time back to reflect reality, which is increasingly seeming real now that I've been back in this time zone for more than 48 hours.

Problem is, when I do that, all the timestamps on my China posts will be updated accordingly. I'll have to do math to determine when I actually wrote something. And when Daylight Savings Time ends, and the time difference becomes 16 hours, the math will be even more confusing.

I guess I could change the time zone back then go through existing posts, clean them up, and edit the time stamps to reflect the reality of local time at time of posting. But that just smacks of far too much effort.

This is certainly a quandry.

2 Comments:

At October 19, 2004 at 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, more stories about the China trip, and about your fellow metadata geniuses and about *food*. Not that I am obsessed.

Harriett

 
At October 19, 2004 at 3:11 PM, Blogger ken harper said...

Corey,
We will continue to follow the blog. I agree with the post that said you sould go in and change the time stanps on the post first and then change the time sig. that seems to be the easiest way to keep the times correct and change back. too bad they didn't set blogger up so that you could set the time zone for just a group of post but guess they didn't anticipate folks going from time zone to time zone and posting (although that is probably pretty common).
We will talk to you soon, want to here more about your trip.
Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home